Jonestation

Love cannot from its post withdraw~ Nor death nor hell nor sin nor law~ Can turn the Surety's heart away~ He'll love His own til endless day

Friday, August 29, 2008

Typical



So, I have been looking forward to today since Monday when I picked up my substitute packet from Central Office. I could not go get my TB test until Wednesday, which meant that I couldn't get it read until today, so I could not turn in my packet until today. SO, Winston and I both have been anticipating FRIDAY!

Well, last night I went for a jog and rolled my ankle so that put me out for the rest of last night, but hey, that's okay, it wasn't gonna keep me down.

This morning I woke up, got ready, dressed up to get the ball rolling and sure enough my cursed car was full of what...the single most disgusting thing on the face of the planet which I am most afraid of... ANTS YES YOU HEARD ME ANTS! Needless to say, we have had an ant problem in our yard for atleast a week or so pointed out by the lawn man last week... my fathers reply "we will take care of it later..." and so, now, the little jokers have found there way into my car.

I thought it was just a few so I start killing them with my hands, I couldn't find the source(note: with ants, there is ALWAYS a source). Finally I traced them back to the single most difficult place to reach in the car- in between the car seat and the middle consul thing. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! NOT TODAY REALLY?!?! I really did not want to proceed with all this sub stuff until the ant stuff was taken care of because I didn't want ants crawling all over me as I drove around and went into get my TB thing checked and turn in my sub stuff. I wouldn't hire someone who looked like they had a personal infestation of ants.

SO, here I am, sweating in my dress clothes outside thinking that I would just use my parents vacuum instead of spending all those quarters and vacuum those suckers and be on my way. But then I realized that if I used my parent's vacuum, they would eventually come OUT of the vacuum and possibly into our home, which would another nightmare from last year re-lived. So I decided to bust open my mom's change holder thing and get some quarters and be on my way.

So, I go to the vacuum place and start vacuuming and vacuuming and I think I must have vacuumed that bad boy for an hour, really I spent like a trillion dollars worth of quarters, so much that I had to go in and cash in some dollars to get more. When I ran out of quarters the first time I was actually almost done and then they started to re-surface again. So, I got more quarters and went back at it.

By this time I am trenched in sweat because its hot as the dickens, so I have now decided that I would go to the store (Harris Teeter NOT Wal Mart) and get some ant traps and kill those jerks dead, then go home, cool down, eat lunch take a shower, and do it all over again.

SO, I have now adequately placed 4 ant traps in my car, along with completely saturating the carpet with ant kill spray stuff. Hopefully, I will not die as well when I get back in there because there was a foggy humid mist in there when I left.

When I was talking on the phone with Amanda trying to blow off the steam about this, I said, "You know I'M JUST TRYING TO GET A JOB FOR CRYING OUT LOUD," as she laughed she was very sympathetic. I wasn't offended, she was laughing because she was in agreement that this was completely TYPICAL of something that would happen to me.

So, now I feel a little better after posting this, blowing off a little more steam as I pound these sticky keys and backspace five times for every 10 keys I type. Whew.

Have a great Friday folks! :)

3 Comments:

  • At 6:38 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Oh my goodness, an ant invasion in your car is horrible!

     
  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Jonsey said…

    haha yeah it was bad, but thank God for now they are dead as dead can be!

     
  • At 6:38 PM, Blogger E. Ayn said…

    i had some nest in the trunk once. yes, they lived with the spare tire and i had no idea until i went in to get it...

    and, when using bug spray in the car [which is technically a no-no], do leave the windows open so it can be somewhat breathable air.

    but yeah, i have done the whole ant trap thing. not vacuuming though, it seems like a lost cause. unless they were fire ants.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home