Jonestation

Love cannot from its post withdraw~ Nor death nor hell nor sin nor law~ Can turn the Surety's heart away~ He'll love His own til endless day

Friday, August 15, 2008

Encouraged!

Well, today a few very good things happened, but I won't speak of all of them because some are uncertain, BUT...

probably the best news yet... I was kinda discouraged today. It looked like I was going to have to stay in Laurinburg for financial reasons primarily, and things just arn't working out like I had hoped to actually move to Charlotte. I was searching and searching and searching the internet for churches that looked Biblical in this area and just couldn't find any. I just kinda said aloud, "Lord, I am so discouraged..." and then boom.

I came across a link to the Southern Baptist Convention's website and it was about this church plant, where? LAURINBURG!!!!!!!! "What?!?!" I thought to myself. Then I searched for a website to the page and found it! Then I called the pastor and we had a really cool conversation. Much to my suprise, there are people here who love God and want to make HIS name known. Not just a sweet southern thought on Sunday morning, or an emotional coushion, a local BODY OF BELEIVERS!

I am visiting with my cousin Jay on Sunday. Please pray for this Body of beleivers! That God would be honored there, and that the church would grow in number, but also and primarily in spirit!

Thank you, Lord, for Grace Baptist in Laurinburg!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Update on the churchy! We want to know about churchy!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home