Jonestation

Love cannot from its post withdraw~ Nor death nor hell nor sin nor law~ Can turn the Surety's heart away~ He'll love His own til endless day

Sunday, October 12, 2008

West Virginia

Well, I am about to post about 3 posts in this order
1. Trip to WV
2. Tree on house
3. Life today

West Virginia... I finally got to go to a WVU game. My family has our NC teams and our WV team... I mean there are only 2 to choose from and aparently you can't choose both as my cousins at both respective schools tell me, so by default, we choose WVU-EVEN THOUGH my momma did go to Marshall for a year or two. And then there is that We Are Marshall true story to love and the movie as well.

Anyway, so my uncles are in the grocery business. They get season tickets to all the home WVU games at the beginning of the season from their produce vendor. Nice. My mom's brother, Hudson, has 2 sons currently at WV and 2 in high school on their way to WVU. They go to every game. They normally sit apart but because my mom's uncle-my great uncle Joe who I work for during the summers- hardly ever goes, he offered to give me his tickets and then we could all sit together.

Except... we got the tickets and his were different. We were already in nice seats- lower level row 35ish around the 38 yard line! woot! But his tickets were in the same section row 10!!! So, since Hudson and one of his sons and I all drove up together from Charleston that day we went ahead and sat in their normal seats. I didn't care much, I needed a lot of help understanding everything thats going on (even though I have been watching football for 24 years) and I enjoy their company. When my other two cousins got there that attend WVU, we gave them the tickets uncle Joe gave me and watched them proceed down to row ten, and keep walking over and over and over and over closer and close to the 50 and sure enough, home boys were on the 49 yard line! Woot! Uncle Joe and the hook ups. I call him the Lebanease Mafia-party of 1. He is a thriving business man at the age of 83. I love my family... :)


The Stadium


Uncle Hudson-he is so hard core. He was listening play by play on the radio. So every time there was something in question or a flag was thrown, he was our man!


Damon-youngest of the 4 and of the 9 grandkids- other wise known as my "Dae Dae" boy. My dad gave him that nick name when he was like 4, no one knows why. He hated it until I started calling him that. Now its his trademark. What I do for these people...


Ryan-who is the eldest of the 4 boys- follows me in the 9 grandkid line up. He is a senior-ish at WVU and is looking at starting a really cool clothes business. I'm sure I'll post more on that later! :)


Sean-next in the line up after Ryan. He is a sophmore at WVU and currently the best on the grill of our generation :)


Me! In my WVU attire. Aparently, no one felt it important to tell me that you are actually supposed to wear yellow/gold instead of blue to the game so that the stadium looks uniform. Thanks fam. :)


Okay, so let me know if this video does/doesn't work. At the end of the WVU game the large majority of the peeps hang out and sing "country roads" :). I thought you guys my appreciate this cultural experience.

2 Comments:

  • At 8:41 PM, Blogger E. Ayn said…

    lady, ryan and i need to hook-up. i'm in the clothing business too!

    hey ryan! call me! haha.

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger E. Ayn said…

    okay- so the video is really funny. bring your camera!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home